Corporate Gathering in the Midst of COVID-19
All updates regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) will be posted on this page as we receive more information.
Because of the vastness and variety of information required due to the Coronavirus, there is a lot of information on this page. Therefore, we thought it would be helpful to divide this page into 4 sections. We have listed the sections below to help you navigate this page with ease and to ensure you are not overwhelmed by the amount of information. The sections are as follows:
1. Proposed Reopening Plan
2. Latest Sunday Morning Worship & Sermon
3. Latest Wednesday Night Refuel
4. Current Events
Now, on to navigating the page!
1. Proposed Reopening Plan..
Greetings church family. I hope you are having a great week. It has definitely been an unusual spring to say the least. Yet, our hope remains, as it has always been, in Christ alone. May we all trust Him and praise Him more!
I have been wanting to send this email/letter out for quite some time. Yet, without consistent information from our governing authorities, I have refrained from sending out multiple correspondences. What I have to say will require some detail. So, please be patient with me.
First of all, I will say that we still do not have all the answers and information that we’d like to have before making decisions. But, that’s okay. We can adjust as needed. I just wanted to provide some information about our way forward. Again, it is possible, maybe even likely, that some of what I’m about to say will change. Yet, here are our plans . . .
- We plan to have worship in the worship center, the welcome center, and the pavilion on Sunday, May 24, at 10:00AM. We will still be utilizing FB Live Stream for those who want to worship in their cars in the front parking lot, and for those who want to stay home.
- Since we have to limit the number of people in one area due to the 6’ social distancing policy, there will be limited seating inside the building. The pavilion and rear parking lot will have the sound provided from the worship services.
- We will begin a 3-week rotation beginning Sunday, May 24, for on-site worship. Please, please, please be patient with this structure.
5/24 – Worship Center: Members last names A-G
Welcome Center: Members last names H-M
Pavilion or Parking Lots: Members last names N-Z
5/31 – Worship Center: Members last names H-M
Welcome Center: Members last names N-Z
Pavilion or Parking Lots: Members last names A-G
6/7 – Worship Center: Members last names N-Z
Welcome Center: Members last names A-G
Pavilion or Parking Lots: Members last names H-M
- The only rooms that are to be used during this time: Worship Center; Welcome Center; Bathrooms. All other rooms including classrooms and the church office are off limits.
- Families who attend will worship together. There will be no nursery provided at this time.
- There will be no Sunday School Classes meeting at the church. Classes are encouraged to utilize social media or other avenues to continue ministry to class members.
- Face masks that cover the mouth and nose are strongly recommended.
- At this time, Sunday morning worship will be the only opportunity for gathering in person at ABC (no Sunday School; no Sunday night; no Wednesday night).
- Signs will be posted this week that limit who will be able to enter the building. Please adhere to this policy to keep everyone else safe.
- If you are not comfortable with gathering in person just yet, please feel the freedom to continue with your current avenue for Sunday worship.
- This is (our) ABC’s initial version of Phase 1. It might need tweaking and we all need to remain flexible. We will adjust things for the next few weeks after June 7 as soon as we are able to do so.
Thank you so much for your prayerful consideration of this vast amount of information.
2. Latest Sunday Morning Worship & Sermon…
3. Latest Wednesday Night Refuel…
Posted by Alexander Baptist Church on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
4. Current Events…